Auditions for THE MOORS
- DIRECTED BY: Roxy Seven
Auditions for Mendocino Theatre Company’s production of The Moors, by Jen Silverman, a deliciously dark comedy directed by Roxy Seven, will be held on Saturday, April 16 and Saturday, April 23 via Zoom. We are looking for five female-identifying and one male-identifying actor, who are hard-working, playful, and adventurous! The ability to sing is a plus!
About the play:
Two sisters and a dog live out their lives on the bleak English moors, dreaming of love and power. The arrival of a hapless governess and a moor-hen set all three on a strange and dangerous path. The Moors is a dark comedy about love, desperation, and visibility.
Five female-identifying , one male-identifying. We embrace nontraditional casting.
- Agatha – Older sister and head of the household. Sings one short song a cappella.
- Emilie – Newly arrived governess, from outside London. Sings one short song with guitar or ukulele.
- Huldey – Younger sister. Sings one epic rock power ballad; may or may not accompany self live on guitar.
- Marjory/Mallory – The crafty, self-serving maid who plays a game of having two identities.
- Mastiff – The only male; the anthropomorphic, maltreated family dog.
- Moor Hen – The anthropomorphic moor hen.
For questions concerning the audition, please contact the director, Roxy Seven, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For perusal scripts, please contact Pamela W. Allen, email@example.com or 707-937-2718.
NB: All roles are on a volunteer basis, with mileage and per diem food reimbursements. Actors must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Schedule your audition here: