FOR ACTORS OF ALL EXPERIENCE LEVELS
Suggested donation: $75
3/11/21 to 4/15/21
This six-week workshop, taught by Lynn Sotos, will provide the participant with a supportive environment in which to develop a monologue in verse from one of Shakespeare’s plays. The monologue can be a new challenge. or one that is dusted off from the past! In each session, the actor will learn to make effective choices based on clues written in the text. And each participant will have the option of performing their monologue in a Zoom showcase for a small, invited audience
Says Lynn, “Shakespeare monologues embody characters that are larger than life and great fun for actors to play. Classical monologues are an asset for auditioning actors and will be useful for upcoming MTC auditions.”
- Six 2-hour sessions, beginning Thursday, March 11 at 7:00 pm.
- Actors of all experiences welcome.
- Participants can work at their own pace – performance is optional.
- New techniques will be introduced at the beginning of each class.
- Each week, participants will perform their monologues using techniques learned in the previous session.
- Participants must to be able to access Zoom on their laptop, desktop, or phone with full use of camera and microphone.
- This class is suitable for most high school students.
- Suggested donation is $75 for the six classes. Sliding scale available to all Mendocino County actors/students. All proceeds benefit Mendocino Theatre Company. For more information, email Pamela at firstname.lastname@example.org.